'Get Ready for Change'
The Zekwande Foundation was started and conceptualised by Zekwande Mathenjwa in 2020 to:
- Assist Nonspeaking Autistics who are still trapped in their own bodies
- Make the world see Nonspeaking Autistics as competent
- Help the world understand the body-mind disconnect of Autistics
- Not speak for Autistics but teach them to speak for themselves
- Explain nonspeaking Autism from a nonspeaking Autistic perspective
- Improve representation of Autistic people in Autism advocacy work
- Provide support for nonspeaking Autistics who do not have access to educational facilities and communication mechanisms
- Reduce stigma around nonspeaking Autism
– Zekwande Mathenjwa
How I Communicate
“It is scary to think that some people who talk lots of rubbish are still seen as smarter than me. I am not saying that all people talk nonsense. It is hard to see my intelligence with no speech. One needs to try to change that idea. It is going to be me”.
– Zekwande Mathenjwa.